Before we go deep into the understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of Metallic Epoxy flooring it is very important to know about the concept of Metallic Epoxy Flooring. The Metallic Epoxy Floorings signify the lustrous floor coatings providing a glamorous look to the surface and these are applicable for commercial, retail, and residential environments that are trying to stand out from classic, routine flooring ideas. The glazed marbleized look just enhances the beauty of the surface. The two most unbelievable characteristics are the pearlescent and iridescent accents creating marvelous looks on the surface. However, it has both advantages and disadvantages can be summarised as follows
Some Advantages of the Metallic Epoxy Floors-
- The Metallic Epoxy Floors are resistant and resilient. The flooring should be installed through the proper guidance of professionals so that there should be no cracks. This type of flooring is hard and can withstand high traffic.
- The amazing sleek and trendy design attracts people to use it. They provide a metallic look to the surface. When these types of flooring are installed in homes, foyers, and retail areas, they display an interesting and demanding look.
- When it is professionally installed, it can have longevity for years. It can last for a long period of time.
- The Epoxy flooring provides a reasonably durable surface that can last for a long. The metallic surface creates a shiny glossy surface.
Some disadvantages of Metallic Epoxy Floors-
- The Epoxy flooring is hard and thus constant sound is created while walking.
- At times the epoxy floor can be cold and are very similar to the tiles flooring without the underfloor heating system.
- The ripples are visible on the floor in the case of visible cracks in the substrate.
- The installation process can be tedious and the epoxy flooring needs a lot of time to dry especially in warm conditions.
- The epoxy flooring is a temporary solution as installation of concrete, steel, or wooden flooring is required first and the epoxy flooring is applied as the top coating.
- The maintenance of epoxy flooring is very costly.
Thus, Epoxy flooring has both advantages and disadvantages. But while selecting the flooring type it is very necessary to consider both pros and cons and then choose the type of flooring that could be suitable as well as pocket friendly.